Discover the leisure park in Saint-Julien-des-Landes
Le Grand Défi leisure park offers a wide selection of activities to enjoy with family or friends during your holiday in the Vendée. From treetop adventures to quick jump free falls, by way of paintball, galactic laser tag, an orienteering course, disc golf and pony rides, there truly is something for everyone here.
It will take you a day to fully explore this park located in a unique nature setting in Saint-Julien-des-Landes, about 30 minutes from Les Biches by car.
Many facilities are at your disposal to help you make the most of your day at the park: covered picnic areas, three large car parks, a nearby restaurant (separate from the park) and lockers for your personal items (free with a €0.50 or €1 deposit).
ACTIVITIES FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
- Treetop adventures (ages 2 and up) : 34 courses to explore in the trees.
- Paintball (ages 6 and up) : the biggest paintball facility in the Vendée awaits you with three fields set up with wooden structures (castles and fortresses).
- Disc golf (ages 6 and up) : an 18 hole course, the only one in the Vendée, which you can play as a group.
- Galactic laser tag (ages 6 and up) : immerse yourself in another galaxy! Defend your spaceship with your laser.
- Orienteering course (ages 6 and up) : 4 progressive courses in the park’s forest.
- Pony rides (ages 2 and up) : a ride through the park’s forest (in July and August only).
- Quick jump (must weigh at least 20 kg) : take the challenge and jump off into a free fall from a wooden tower standing 18 metres tall!
- Playful orienteering course (ages 2 to 6) : an activity open to young children. In this natural setting, kids and parents will learn to get their bearings whilst having fun!
- ExplorGame outdoor escape room (ages 8 and up) : “The Prophecy of the Forest”, a fantastical adventure in the great outdoors. Play at being an explorer with augmented reality! Your group, equipped with a tablet serving as your guide, will need to solve 10 challenges (both in the forest and in the virtual world). You will have 90 minutes to complete them.
- Le Grand Défi is a safe adventure for any skill level!
Special prices are available to guests at our campsite in Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez when you show them your Les Biches wristband.
- 10 Family courses and 3 Zip courses for ages 6 and up. These are very family-friendly courses designed to give children and adults alike the chance to try a treetop adventure. They are open to visitors ages 6 and up, and we’re sure your kids will be thrilled to zip line over the park’s ponds!
- 7 Adventure courses for practised treetop adventurers ages 9 and up. These courses let you travel through the trees and slide over ponds on long zip lines.
- 4 Sporting courses for fit athletes ages 12 and up. For thrill-seekers who love long zip lines over ponds.
- 3 Challenge courses for great athletes and especially treetop experts with no fear of heights, ages 14 and up. These courses rise nearly 20 metres in the air, with some very physically challenging obstacles.
COURSES FOR SMALL CHILDREN
Courses are available for small children (ages 2 and up), the only ones in all of the Vendée. Kids move through the course with their parents and under their parents’ responsibility. Height: 60 centimetres to 2 metres. Your little ones will safely discover all the joys of a treetop adventure: monkey bridges, zip lines, luges, and more.